The Collegiate Academy is an innovative pilot program being offered at Gainesville, Lake Dallas, and Steele Accelerated High Schools. The Academy allows 9th grade students with demonstrated outstanding academic performance and capability to enroll in specific Dual Credit courses designated by their high schools. Students are screened and recommended by Middle School and High School counselors with final approval being given by NCTC Vice President of Instruction.
The following must be submitted:
- • Apply Texas Application for Admission
- • TSI Assessment scores indicating college readiness in Reading and Writing.
- • Letter of Recommendation signed by high school principal and counselor
- • Proof of Meningitis Vaccination, if course is offered online or face to face at NCTC
- • Dual Credit Orientation Quiz must be completed prior to TSI Assessment
- • Dual Credit Special Admission Form for 9th & 10th Grade Students
In addition, until reaching junior standing, a "B" or better is required in ALL college courses for continued enrollment. Students
with less than a “B” in any course will not be permitted to enroll the
following long semester: Fall, Spring, or both Summer terms. Students
that are interested in the Collegiate Academy should contact their high
school counselor. Each school may have additional requirements.