How to Drop a Course


Dropping a class is done on or before the official date of record each semester. Please note if you drop AFTER the official date of record it is no longer considered a drop but a withdrawal. Check the Academic Calendar for the official date of record.


To drop a course you have the option to:


  • •           Go online and drop the course
  • •           Visit the Admissions/Registrar's Office in person to fill out a drop form
  • •           Meet with your advisor and fill out a drop form

Remedial courses CANNOT be dropped online. You must come to the Admissions/Registrar's Office in person to drop a remedial course. If you are only taking one remedial course and drop this course you will have to drop ALL your courses. You must stay in at least one of your required remedial courses to remain in additional classes.


Withdrawing from a Course or Courses


To withdraw from a course on or after the official date of record with a grade of ‘W’, students will need to complete the Petition for Course Withdrawal online.


  • If you receive financial aid please contact that department before withdrawing.  Withdrawing can affect your financial aid.  
  • Developmental courses may NOT be withdrawn online.  Students must complete a withdraw form ON CAMPUS for those courses.
  • All withdrawals must be processed online, in person, faxed and/or postmarked on or before the official date of record.
  • Requests need to include student ID number, full name, course information (please include course ID and section number-example ENGL1301 123), and a signature. If the request is not signed or does not include all information, it may not be processed.

Online Requests

If the Admissions/Registrar's Office should receive the form via e-mail, the form will be processed within 24 hours and the student should receive an email confirmation that the withdrawal has been processed. If the student does not receive an email, it is the student’s responsibility to contact the Admission’s office for confirmation. The student is responsible for verifying that the email was received by the Admissions/Registrar's Office prior to the last day to withdrawal.


It is the student’s responsibility to officially withdraw from any class they do not wish to attend. Students who stop attending classes and who do not officially withdrawal may be assigned a final grade of “F”.


Dual Credit Students


Dual Credit students must fill out the Petition to Withdrawal for Dual Credit students form. Please have it filled out and signed completely and turn into the admissions office at any of our locations.